Over the next few minutes we will be taking a dive deep into the dance scene in Atlanta. We can’t think of a better way to get the ball rolling than by starting with the best dance schools and studios in your area.
Some of you are probably searching for lessons for kids, others will be for adults, but either way you should be able to find one that suits your needs. It is likely that there will be classes for Samba, Salsa, Hip Hop, Ballet, Tango, The Waltz, K-Pop, or other styles and routines somewhere and we will do our best to help you find them.
After the lessons are out of the way it will be time to pivot to some of the best dance clubs and bars near you. There will be stores around where you can buy shoes, clothes, and other supplies that we will be mentioning.
Aerobic dance routine workouts like Zumba, Jazzercise, Barre, Buti Yoga, or even Pole Dancing in Atlanta are becoming more popular by the day so will need a shout out. Then we will get into local dance and music festivals both here and around the region.
Stick around for our map that will help you get a better lay of the land. And anyone that is interested can check out more of our posts on the region at that link.
Best Dance Studios & Classes In Atlanta
The best Atlanta dance classes and studios where you can find lessons for kids and/or adults are:
- The Atlanta Dance Academy at 2335 Cheshire Bridge Rd NE
- Dance 101 at 855 Emory Point Dr C-105
- Dance With Me Buckhead at 3500 Peachtree Rd #1074 D
- Jazzle Dance Studio at 3155 Cobb Pkwy SE #200
- Rhythma Studios at 555 Whitehall St SW R18
- Fuego Y Hielo Dance Company at 524 Plasters Ave. NE
- Academy Ballroom at 800 Miami Cir NE #140
- Forte Twirl and Dance Studio at 644 Antone St NW #2
The Altlanta Dance Academy offers a wide variety of fitness and dance classes in your area including Ballet, Tap, Jazz, Contemporary, Hip-Hop, Pointe, and more.
There are great Ballet, Jazz, Tap, Lyrical Jazz, Hip-Hop, Salsa, Turn and Leaps, Pointe, and more classes at Dance 101.
Dance With Me in Buckhead provides Latin, American Smooth and Rhythm Styles, Hip-Hop, or Contemporary lessons
There are local Hip-Hop, Acro and Tumbling classes available at Jazzle Dance Studio.
Rhythma Studios offers training intensives across many levels and genres of movement arts from Hip-Hop to Bellydance, Contemporary to Contortion, African Dance and Drum, Jazz to Juggling, and more.
For excellent Mamba, Salsa, Cha Cha Cha, Bachata, Afro-Latin fusion, and acrobatic lifts, tricks, and dips head to Fuego Y Hielo Dance Company.
Academy Ballroom is a good place to take private, group, and wedding classes.
Forte Twirl and Dance Studio offers Baton Twirling, Acro, Ballet, and Jazz dance classes near you.
Dance Clubs & Bars
These popular dance clubs and bars near you are a great place to show off your skills:
- Royal Peacock Lounge at 186 1/2 Auburn Ave NE
- Harlem Nights Ultra Lounge at 201 Courtland St NE
- Tongue & Groove at 565 Main St NE
- Havana Club at 3112 Piedmont Rd NE
- Club Bolts at 2549 Gresham Rd S E
- Gold Room at 2416 Piedmont Rd NE
- Blind Willie’s at 828 N Highland Ave NE
- The Star Community Bar at 437 Moreland Ave NE
Those probably will have a mix of house, techno, hip hop, and pop because they are often the easiest music genres to dance to.
Shoes, Clothes, & Supply Stores
When you need to buy dance shoes, clothes, or other supplies head to stores in your area like:
- Dance Fashions Warehouse at 6142 Roswell Rd NE
- Dance Raggs at 302 Veterans Memorial Hwy SW #136
- DanceMax Dancewear at 3016 Canton Rd
- Showtime Dance Shoes at 4458 Peachtree Lakes Dr
- Center Stage II Dancewear at 70 S Park Square NE
- Dancestyle Dancewear at 8465 Holcomb Bridge Rd
You can expect those to all sell shoes, clothes, and other apparel for dancing but if you need something specific follow the links to make sure they have exactly what you need before you visit them.
Aerobic Dance Workouts
Get a sweat in at these aerobic dance workout studios:
- Crunch Fitness at 5508 Peachtree Blvd
- AKT at 661 Auburn Ave NE #210
- Double Dutch Aerobics at 2030 Bolton Rd NW
- LL Dance and Fitness at 3629 Vinings Slope SE
- Powerlady Fitness at 2947 N Druid Hills Rd C
Crunch Fitness has HIIT workouts and local Zumba classes that last 60 minutes.
AKT offers dance workouts in your area that are also an hour long.
LL Dance and Fitness and Powerlady Fitness are a couple of other good spots to try Zumba.
Visit their links to find the right time for you to take your next Zumba, Jazzercise, Barre, or Pole Dancing class.
Music Festivals In Your Area
We bet many of you would enjoy these local dance and music festivals:
- Atlanta Hip-Hop Day Festival in October
- Alpharetta’s Wire & Wood Music Festival in October
- Oakhurst Porchfest in October
- One Musicfest in October
- Atlanta Mini Fest in October
- Snowblind Festival in November
If you are interested we have also written about:
- Local Dance Clubs In Charlotte
- Local Dance Clubs In Nashville
- Local Dance Clubs In Memphis
- Local Dance Clubs In Miami
Have Fun Dancing In Atlanta
For now that is all we’ve got, but visit us again as we plan to update this post frequently. Hopefully you learned at least a little something about your local dance classes, studios, music festivals, aerobic workouts, clubs, bars, and stores to buy all kinds of supplies near you.
If you think we got anything wrong or if you want to share your own tips and tricks for your area feel free to use the comments. Have fun dancing in Atlanta!