If you are searching for info on the London dance scene you have come to the right place. Our opening section will be all about the best local dance schools and studios.
Some will offer lessons for kids, others will be for adults, and at others everyone is invited. You will probably be able to find classes for Samba, Salsa, Hip Hop, Ballet, Tango, The Waltz, K-Pop, or other styles and routines somewhere in your area and we will do our best to assist.
Once the lessons have been covered in full we will move on to some of the best dance clubs and bars in London before pivoting to stores where you can buy shoes, clothes, and other supplies. Up next we will get into aerobic dance routine workouts like Zumba, Jazzercise, Barre, Buti Yoga, or even Pole Dancing near you.
Then we will talk about dance and music festivals both here and around the region. There will even be a dance map towards the end so that you can figure out which of these are closest to your current location.
And if you are interested you can look through more of our posts on this part of the world there.
Best Dance Studios & Classes In London
Whether you are trying to find lessons for kids or adults the best dance classes and studios in London are:
- Eos Dance School at 46-64 Darrell Rd
- London Dance Academy at 49-51 Central St
- Flow Dance at 1-3 Brixton Rd
- Wimbledon Dance Academy at 71 Woodside
Eos Dance School offers local classes in Ballet, Tap, Street Dance, Contemporary Dance, and Musical Theater for both adults and children.
From Contemporary to Ballroom and Latin, Ballet and Jazz, Hip Hop, Dancehall, and more Flow Dance in your area provides group classes and private lessons in a range of styles and levels.
Wimbledon Dance Academy provides classes and lessons to all skill levels and ages ranging from Ballet classes for 3 year olds to competition level including Ballroom and Latin, Urban and Street, Ballet, Wedding First Dance lessons, and more.
Dance Clubs & Bars
These popular dance clubs and bars near you will keep you moving all night long:
- Triangle Bar & Night Club at 250 High St
- Ain’t Nothin But The Blues Bar at 20 Kingly St
- Simmons Bar at 32 Caledonian Rd
- Nightjar at 129 City Rd
- Egg London at 200 York Way
- Ministry of Sound at 103 Gaunt St
- Fold at Gillian House, Stephenson St
- Fabric at 77A Charterhouse St
Most dance clubs near you will play house, techno, pop, and hip hop because they are some of the easiest to get down to.
Shoes, Clothes, & Supply Stores
When you need to buy dance shoes, clothes, or other supplies head to:
- Bloch Store at 69-71 Monmouth St
- The Ballet Boutique at 146 Merton Rd
- LaDuca Dance Shoes at 37 Drury Ln
- Aurora Dancewear & Costume Limited at #6 22 Ravensbury Terrace
- Duo Dance at 11 Half Moon Ln
You can expect each of the above local stores to sell shoes, clothes, and other apparel for dancing. But if you need anything specific take those links to make sure they have it before you head over.
Aerobic Dance Workouts
Get a sweat in at these aerobic dance workout studios:
- The Factory Fitness & Dance Centre at 407 Hornsey Rd
- Zumba Fitness at 11 Heathman’s Rd
- District Wandsworth at 10 Hardwicks Square
- At Your Beat Studio at 64 Larcom St
You will be able to find the next Zumba, Jazzercise, Barre, or Pole Dancing class in your area at one of those spots.
Pole and Aerial Classes, Ballet Fusion, Commercial Dance, HIIT Courses, Yoga, and Pilates are all offered at The Factory Fitness and Dance Centre.
Zumba Fitness provides on site and virtual Zumba classes.
Music Festivals In Your Area
There are also local dance and music festivals like:
- Camden Rocks Festival in June
- Cornbury Music Festival in July
- Brixton Disco Festival in October
- Festival Republic
You can watch hundreds of amazing bands perform at the Camden Rocks Music Festival.
Keeping up with what Festival Republic has going on wouldn’t be a bad idea either as they put on lots of music and dance festivals near you and around Europe.
Some of you may also want to read about:
- Local Dance Clubs In Birmingham, UK
- Local Dance Clubs In Manchester UK
- Local Dance Clubs In Dublin
- Local Dance Clubs In Paris
Have Fun Dancing In London
That is all we have to share with you today, but check back in as we will update this post frequently. We hope that you learned at least a little something about dance classes in your area along with studios, music festivals, aerobic workouts, clubs, bars, and stores near you to buy all kinds of supplies.
If you think we got anything wrong or if you want to share your own tips and tricks feel free to use the comments. Have fun dancing in London!